Subject: Maps...
From: [email-masked] (HANG-FIRE)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 12:28:27 +0100

Date sent: 17-AUG-1994 

Just thought I'd mail the list with a couple of updates to my map editor.

The editor now sports an OPTIONAL shape scroller at the top of the screen. 
This stretches across the whole width of the screen and allows you to quickly
select any shape in the currently loaded file.  It can be switched on or off
and its status can be saved as a tooltype.

You can now save your prefered screen mode.  The editor will automatically open
its screen to match your choice.

Shapes can now be grabbed from IFF's using the LoadShapes menu item.  Just
click on an IFF instead of a shapes file and you'll be given a option to grab
the palette from the iff, the program will then automatically cut out the
shapes and then resort them as if they were a normal shapes file.

Shapes can now be named!  Give a shape a name and then save out all defined
names as an ASCII file that looks like this:

			#BACKGROUND=0
			#DESTRUCT=1
			#NONDESTRUCT=2

These constants can then be used straight in your program - making it easier to
change your shapes file in the future!  You can also select a shape by name
rather than by number or image.

Hmmmmm..... Anything else?  Probably but I'll be buggered if I can
remember......... ;-)

Oh well, the editor should be available soon!

Thanx,

Steve Mc.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Stephen McNamara  Reflective Images| Gripes : My map editor's a bit buggy |
|====================================+======================================|
| A1200/170HD/6MB/Blitz2             | Current project : BlitzBombers AGA   |
|                                    | [##############################::::] |
|      >>> HANG-FIRE <<<             | Current Project : RI Libs v???       |
|                                    | [###########################:::::::] |
|  Help me:ANIM8 file format please! | Current Project : RI Map Editor v1.2 |
|  [email-masked]     | [#################################:] |
\____________________________________|______________________________________/